When you turn on your air conditioner for the first time this season, did you hear some strange sounds? Whether it’s been sitting idle or you hear the compressor kicking in after using it for a while, this is normal—you can usually hear the fan running, and in some cases, you might hear the air compressor click when turning on or off. What you shouldn’t hear, however, are loud noises, such as bangs or rubbing noises. If you do, contact Discount Air Conditioning in Las Vegas, NV, for an appointment to check the AC unit and ensure it’s running properly.
The Importance Of Annual Air Conditioning Maintenance
Maintaining your air conditioning system and having a yearly tune-up ensures your AC lasts longer. Ideally, you’ll want to schedule an appointment each spring before the hot weather arrives. If we find anything that looks worn during the process, we can replace it before it breaks, saving you from uncomfortable hours while waiting for a technician when the system breaks down during hotter months.
Air Conditioning Tune-Ups Help—We’re Also Here For Emergencies
Even with regular maintenance, your air conditioning could break down. Most electrical parts never show wear—they just stop working. However, it’s not generally the electrical components that break—it’s the manual components, such as the fan or the condenser. We provide traditional or emergency AC repair, so we can get your home cooled as quickly as you need.
Don’t Ignore The Clatter—Troubleshooting Strange AC Noises
If your air conditioning unit makes unusual noises, contact one of our techs for an appointment. If it’s still cooling, we can repair it, hopefully, before it completely fails. Some noises mean you need AC repair.
- Banging: A blower motor that suffers damage could bang if it is loose.
- Clicking: If the clicking is persistent, you may have an electrical problem with the compressor, thermostat, or capacitor.
- Screeching & Squealing: These noises could signify worn or broken fan motor bearings. Your AC might still work, though not for long. It’s best to get a tech out to your house quickly so downtime is short.
- Buzzing And Whirring: You might have debris stuck in the fan. Remove the debris immediately.
- Rattling: If you heard rattling, something most likely came loose due to the constant vibration.
Contact Us Today For Swift & Efficient AC Repair
If you hear AC noises that you’ve never heard before, contact Discount Air Conditioning to make an appointment for a technician to repair the problem as soon as possible. We’ll make sure you enjoy the consistent cool air that a functioning unit delivers throughout the dog days of summer.