Discount Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. can meet all of your AC repair needs in the Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and Henderson, NV areas with affordable and reliable repairs. We know how to make your struggling AC cool your home again. Don’t waste another minute breathing or sleeping in an unbearable environment.
We’re experienced and knowledgeable about all brands and types of air conditioning systems – traditional, roof, mobile home, and more.
Warning Signs You Need RepairsSome signs of AC problems are pretty obvious, but other times you might not be sure whether it’s time to call in a repair company. We’ve put together a few warning signs to pay attention to when you give us a call.
- Rapid Cycling – This happens when you have an oversized AC system, low refrigerant levels, frozen evaporator, or electrical issues. Your air conditioner will turn on and off before reaching your desired temperature. This short cycle adds a tremendous amount of strain on your unit and could lead to more costly repairs if not fixed.
- Higher Humidity – A well-functioning air conditioning system should regulate the humidity levels in your home. When you feel warm and muggy or cold and clammy conditions, your unit may have underlying issues that need to be addressed.
- Water Leaks – Unit leaks are not only signs that your air conditioning is not working correctly. Water damage can lead to major home repairs and come with a major risk of mold, mildew, and severe structural damage to your home’s drywall, wood, and flooring. Ridding your air conditioner of a small leak now can save you thousands in repairs to your home later.
- Unpleasant Odors – Smelly odors often mean that there’s bacterial growth, mold, mildew, or even a dead animal somewhere inside your unit or air ducts!
- Unusual Noises – If you hear noises from your unit, such as loud rattles, clanking, or hissing, it could be a sign that you have damage. Broken, loose, or damaged parts put additional strain on your AC system. Hissing and bubbling are a clear indication that you have a refrigerant leak that could not only be costing more on your energy bill but require major repairs if left unfixed.
- Thermostat Temperature Isn’t Right – If there is a problem with your thermostat sensor, loose wiring, drained batteries, or heat anticipator, you will experience a shift in the climate of your home. This could lead to an overworked unit and higher energy bills.
- AC Blowing Hot Air / AC Not Blowing Cold – When your Air Conditioner is not getting the job done, there are various issues that it could be related to. Having an AC inspection to get the repairs done right is essential before getting too hot.
- AC Unit Not Turning On – Thermostat mis-calibration, wiring shorts, or electrical damage can cause your Air conditioning unit not to operate at all. Our experienced technicians perform 24 hr emergency repairs to get your unit working ASAP.
- Energy Bill Increase – When your air conditioning system is not running efficiently, you can see an increase in your energy bill because it is working harder and more often. AC inspection and repair will isolate the problem and can reduce your energy cost with a smoothly running system.
Complete Air Conditioning RepairNot every problem will mean you need a whole new AC replacement. One of the advantages of working with an experienced Las Vegas HVAC specialist is putting our knowledge to work for you. You skip wasteful and often costly troubleshooting or guesswork and get right down to the root of the needed AC repair.
- Refrigerant Leak
- Drain Line Clog
- Dirty Air Filter
- Frozen Condenser Coils
- Damaged Compressor Fan
- Failed Capacitor
- Circuit Breaker & Fuse Malfunction
- Thermostat Miscalibration
- Faulty Thermostat Wiring
- Thermostat Sensor Problems